Friday, November 20, 2009

Stick's Quest for Fitness: End Month 4

07/20/09 = 243 lbs. (start)
08/20/09 = 235 lbs. (-8)
09/20/09 = 231 lbs. (-4)
10/20/09 = 223 lbs. (-8)
11/20/09 = 222 lbs. (-1)

Only lost 1 pound this month. But to coin a poker term: I think I "found my leak" this month. I guess it was that 12-piece pizza binge I went on that didn't do me much good. From what I have researched, 1 piece of a large-sized pizzeria pizza is 270-350 calories. So my pizza intake that day was around 300 x 12 = 3600 calories!! Also, regular crust is loaded carbs. I blame my binge that day on skipping lunch since I was cleaning up the garage all day. Bad boy!

But I feel like my fitness level didn't suffer. Seems like I'm still advancing in that department. I pulled another notch through my belt, too. I started reading "The Abs Diet" book by Men's Health magazine since that's where I think I need help. It's not so much a "diet" as it is a program or a plan. Seems pretty good so far.

The good thing is that I'm actually having fun at the gym AND having fun creatively putting together healthy meals in the kitchen. Now I'm in the kitchen more than my wife for the first time in 20 years. So only losing 1 pound doesn't discourage me. My fitness has still progressed and that matters most.

I'm 6' 3" and my goal is still 199 lbs. No timeline for that, so no pressure. Steady as she goes.

3 comments:

OhCaptain said...

Well done sir! I'm working on making my current belt too big too. I'm done a fair amount as well. Keep it up!

Steve said...

Very nice sir, the weight isn't as important as making sure the belt size keeps going down. keep up the good work sir.

Stick said...

Thanks guys. We'll see how I navigate around the "iceberg dead ahead" known as the holidays.