Sunday, February 1, 2009

January 2009 Results: Terrible

I was on a positive record pace for profit during the first half of the month. But the second half was the worst I've ever seen:





Including SnG losses, I ended up -$445 for the month. Just between 1/17-1/31, I was on a $980 downswing. For the most part, I think I tried to heighten my aggression in the wrong places. After examining some split stats, I found out that most of my losses were from making big folds. Not sure if it was from getting caught stealing a bit more or from limping and having to bail out after chasing something.

As you can see in the graph above, I recovered from a couple of short downswings early on. But I couldn't work my way out of the last one. Maybe a bit of tilt crept in. Maybe just some poor play, too. Maybe I was just lucky during the first half of the month. Not sure. I know I caught some pretty bad beats during the second half.

I haven't fully dropped back down to 25NL, but I think I will play half 25NL and half 50NL for a while. I've done it in the past and I seemed to like it. I'm actually not feeling too bad about the downswing. I'm feeling confident that I can figure out my leaks and recover well.

Still reading "NLHE: T & P". I like it so far and I'm about 3/4 through it. Review coming in a few weeks.

No comments: