Saturday, January 17, 2009

Halftime January 2009 Update

Doing pretty well this month. I've slowly completed the move to 50NL full ring games and I'm lovin' it. 8-9 tabling regularly a taking shots at 10 every few days. The best thing I think I've been doing is recovering from setbacks. You notice on my graph that I had a noticable downswing towards the beginning, but the subsequent recovery was nearly complete the same day. I am so happy to have a grip on my tilt. I still verbally cuss at the screen, but it doesn't affect my play at all.





I think I've pretty much conquered my brag superstition. Last time I posted my progress here and dared it, I continued doing well. So here we are again.

I've been a bit afraid that the tight/semi-passive style that I've been doing well with at 25NL wouldn't translate well to 50NL. But so far, so good. I've just increased my steals a bit and stayed out of stick situations. Folding AT and AJ in EP feels kinda good for a change.

I've just gotten over being sick for a week and it seriously put a damper on my attempt to play 1K hands a day. Goldstar might still be achievable, but a bit of a stretch. Sickness affected my reading, also. But I think I'm back on track now. Gung ho!

2 comments:

Icemonkey9 said...

Great job sticker looks like you're winning at a great pace to start the month. Also I'd like to know where the heck you think you have a downswing, looks like a breakeven stretch to me. And I agree with you if you are sick/etc then dont play. Basically if you can't play your A-Game dont play at all.

enty said...

YOUR GRAPH RAAAAAWR.

Also I want your 25nl win rate.

:(