Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Damn Superstitions Creeping In!

I used to have all these stupid superstitions relating to my online poker playing. There was a time when I couldn't mention actual number relating to my poker, both on my blog and in person. Then I had to change my poker table backgrounds when I had bad runs. Then I couldn't look at the payout amounts of an SNG I would be playing. Now it's "bragging".

I was running at 8 PTBB/100 hands for the first 2 1/2 weeks of December until I decided to post my graph in a Cardschat thread. Then I had a bad run for a couple days and I'm still fighting back from it. Of course, my right mind says it's just coincidence. But in the fringes of my mind, I can't help but think that I jinxed myself by bragging about my good run. Pretty frickin stupid, but I can't help it. The same thing happened when I bragged about breaking even in August and then had 3 negative months afterwards. I gotta just do something to bust out of this superstition. I did it with my "numbers mentioning" hangup by just continually posting graphs and numbers here on my blog until that one when away. So I think I'll go about this one the same way by just posting some brag graphs and stats. So here they are:





Still at 6.74 PTBB/100 hands, but 8 was nicer. Oh well. Goin' cold turkey here in posting this. We'll see what happens now. Hope the poker gods don't mind.

I'm still reading "No Limit Hold'em: Theory and Practice" and studying with SteveG1976. We're both gaining a ton out of it. We have a mostly-set study schedule and it helps my motivation and preparedness. Seems we never run out of stuff to talk about. I'll post a review of the book as soon as I'm done.

Also, I will be posting my usual monthly results after New Years and I may even come up with a year-end results post or something. Until then, happy holidays to all.

2 comments:

Shinedown45 said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas Stick and all the best in the new year

Stick said...

Wow. Thanks man. You too.