Saturday, February 2, 2008

Nice January Graph; New BR Tracking Works!

January turned out well for me:





I ended the month with a total profit of about +$122. While it's not as much as I'd like, it still beats ending down like the last couple of months have been for me. In January, I stuck with $25 NL cash games for the most part. I also took a liking to 6-, 18-, & 27-player $5 SnG's. 9- and 10-player ones have sort of gone stale for me right now. I lost my SilverStar status on PokerStars, but the cash profit I made makes up for it. Without the pressure of having to earn FPP's at higher stakes, my poker is much more relaxed now.

Also, the graph pic only shows 12 sample points instead of 31. That's because I stopped recording my poker site bankroll amounts every day. Actually, I did for the first 3 days and was down $80. But then I stuck to recording my BR every 3-5 days. Surprisingly, I really started to relax a play good poker from then on and went on to gain $200 from the 4th on. It is so odd that something like this could help, but it does. I guess seeing a day's progress in black and white has more of an effect on me than I first thought. It kinda makes sense, though. Of course, a big daily loss could put me in a bad mood for days to come, which could just make things worse. But even a big daily win could be a letdown the next day since it might give me false hope that those kind of days should happen every day. With my sporadic BR tracking, I could have a pretty bad day and 2 good days and feel good about being near even for 3 days. Also, if I have a run of good days or bad days, it doesn't seem like such a good or bad jolt. So weird that a purely "mental" thing like that works for me!

No comments: