Saturday, January 12, 2008

General Update & Brewfest Planning

My poker is going well. Small profits, but better than losses. I've switched to updating my BR tracking spreadsheet every 5 days instead of daily. It seems to have me in a good state of mind. No more worrying about yesterday's numbers. If I have 1 or 2 bad days, there are still 3 or 4 days to improve my profit. It would be nice to be able to "just update my numbers", but the tracking seems to affect me like a barometer of my poker progress more than just tracking my BR. But that's OK, I guess. The 5-day-update plan seems to be working.

Also helping things is the grip I have on my tilt issues. I've read a few books recently that have really put things in perspective for me. I finally get that you can play poker well and still lose. I finally get that you can only judge your poker progress on a long-term basis, not short-term. I still cuss a bit (sometimes loudly) after an online beat, but it doesn't carry over to the next hand for me. Now, my mistakes are more technical than emotional and it feels great. I also think playing at comfortable stakes helps in the tilt department, too.

I just started getting info on the 2008 Reno Brewfest. It's on June 28th this year. I think more Cardschat members are going to try to make it this time. I'm trying to take the lead in getting info on group rates, etc. But I hope I don't come off as "bossy" on the forum. I just get kind of excited about Reno and seeing my buddies. I have had issues with being misunderstood recently and it still concerns me. I guess the typed word can be interpreted in different ways by different people. Oh well. It'll turn out fine.

No comments: