Monday, October 1, 2007

Great September Results!

I ended September up $308. While this might not seem like much to some folks who read this, it is hugely positive for me considering my recent struggles. I believe it could be the best monthly result of my poker career, though I'm not 100% sure. It equals better than a $10 average profit per day, which was a goal of mine for a while (Now I can set my goal to $12). The monthly graph still didn't draw up as consistently as I would like, though. I had a couple of hard downswings that lasted 2 or 3 days each. I approached the $400 mark at one point before one of the downswings, but I'm still happy to break $300.



After 2 negative months, how did I have such a positive month? Well, I have mentioned before how much reading the book "Why You Lose At Poker" has helped my game. Also, I am finally getting a grip on tilt. I still have spells of it, but they don't last as long as before.

My only slight problem now is that I still have a temptation to step up to $50NL on occasion. I try it once in a while with mixed success, but I believe I can blame my dabbling there for one of the September downswings. It's not so much that I can't handle the action at $50NL. It's that my online BR is divided between 2 sites and it doesn't quite fit my bankroll management, at least from a mental standpoint. I'll either have to combine the 2 halves at one site or stay at $25NL for a while longer. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: