Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stick's Audio: My Radio Spots From 1990

For those who don't know, I used to be an on-air radio DJ near Chico, CA for a year in 1990. This wasn't a college thing. This was actually a real commercial radio station and I had to go to broadcasting school to get the gig. It was a lot of fun while it lasted. When they changed the format from Top-40 Pop to Adult Hits, they let me and others go in favor of more mature-sounding voices. After all the hard work and overnight shifts I had pulled (they even made me work the day after I got married - no honeymoon 'til later), they just kicked me to the curb. Needless to say, I ditched that career after finding out I could be discarded so easily. I guess it was a normal thing in the radio biz.

Anyway, I bring this up because recently I found an old tape of a few commercials I produced for air. Looking back, some sound kinda funny. Here they are as MP3's. Check out the old prices in the market ad. Enjoy!

Stick's 1990 Radio Spots: A market & a Mexican restaurant. 1:07, 1.54MB MP3

Stick's 1990 Radio Spots: A cowboy clothing store & a car show. 1:15, 1.73MB MP3

Stick's 1990 Radio Spots: A hair salon w/goofy backup singers. 0:55, 1.27MB MP3

No comments: