Friday, August 24, 2007

Needing to Believe!!

I've identified another leak in my game. It is the affliction of disbelief. At the stakes I play, I often tend to not believe players when they raise, re-raise, or check-raise. Here's a perfect example of me wrongfully thinking this guy had AK or AQ:

FullTiltPoker Game #3343752977: Table Bataan (6 max) - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 19:56:28 ET - 2007/08/23
Seat 1: bedrick ($14.80)
Seat 2: arcios ($39.70)
Seat 3: imadonkey21 ($28.85)
Seat 4: Superion ($26.35)
Seat 5: kiahbree ($20.15)
Seat 6: MrSticker ($19.45)
arcios posts the small blind of $0.10
imadonkey21 posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MrSticker [Td Tc]
Superion folds
kiahbree folds
MrSticker raises to $0.85
arcios raises to $2.80
imadonkey21 folds
MrSticker has 15 seconds left to act
MrSticker raises to $8.60
arcios raises to $39.70, and is all in
MrSticker calls $10.85, and is all in
arcios shows [Qd Qs]
MrSticker shows [Td Tc]
Uncalled bet of $20.25 returned to arcios
*** FLOP *** [Kc 3d Qc]
*** TURN *** [Kc 3d Qc] [8s]
*** RIVER *** [Kc 3d Qc 8s] [3c]
arcios shows a full house, Queens full of Threes
MrSticker shows two pair, Tens and Threes
arcios wins the pot ($37.20) with a full house, Queens full of Threes
MrSticker is sitting out
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $39.15 Rake $1.95
Board: [Kc 3d Qc 8s 3c]
Seat 1: bedrick is sitting out
Seat 2: arcios (small blind) showed [Qd Qs] and won ($37.20) with a full house, Queens full of Threes
Seat 3: imadonkey21 (big blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 4: Superion didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: kiahbree didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: MrSticker (button) showed [Td Tc] and lost with two pair, Tens and Threes


Lately in the heat of the battle, I just go for it and hope. I know if I had more time to think over the situation, like you do in live play, I wouldn't react like this. But it is just too easy to click "Max" and "Bet" without thinking. It has almost become a subconscious action for me and it is costing me a lot of money. Even though Full Tilt has caught up with Pokerstars by implementing their new "Time Bank" feature, it still doesn't seem like enough time for me. I must find a solution within myself. Either that or start playing live more, which I actually am thinking of doing.

(I'm about 3/4 through "Why You Lose At Poker", so a book review will be coming soon.)

No comments: