Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Most Amazing Thing Since Sliced Bread

So between 8/1 & 8/6, I lost $213 from my bankroll. This wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact that I lost $427 last month and I was looking forward to righting the ship. I had been reading a book called "Texas Hold'em Odds & Probabilities" by Matthew Hilger, but it was getting a bit difficult to keep my head in the book through this bad streak. I knew poker math wasn't my problem. So I thought "Wait a minute! I have other poker books that might help me get my head together." So I looked at my bookshelf. I thumbed through "The Tao of Poker", which have read before. But it didn't seem to have what I was looking for. As I was putting that one back, the answer hit me. I saw a book called "Why You Lose At Poker" by Fox & Harker. "Excellent! I forgot I had this!" Boy, am I glad I did.

After reading just a few of the shortish chapters, I was back on my game. 2 positive days at poker and I was learning a ton from this book. It is really rattling the cobwebs from the good ol' brain. I will definitely share a book review when I am finished with it. So far, so good.

2 comments:

Wlokos said...

Sometimes, all it takes is to find that one article or one chapter or book or whatever it may be that just totally resonates with you, and you suddenly can fix up your game a bunch. I know it's happened to me a couple of times - back when I was starting, especially, Mike Caro's section of Super System II turned my whole game around.

Good luck on keeping the upswing steady!

Stick said...

Thanks a lot.